Tuesday 11 March 2014

A Quick Update or 8 Years on Part 2!!

Here I am again, feeling somewhat better than I was the last time I wrote a blog post!!

What has changed? Well firstly I made a mistake in my last post, Im actually two and a half years clear not eighteen months!
For those of you that left messages or have text me, a BIG thank you.

Secondly purely by chance I bumped into my CNS when I was picking my daughter up from hospital after physio. My nurse was concerned at how I was feeling especially as it was totally out of character. She suggested going back to counselling, true to her word the next morning she phoned to say she had just faxed the referral. I am so lucky to have two amazing CNS!! I expected to wait months but no this afternoon, two weeks after speaking to my nurse, I'm going for my first session.

Also I finally gave in and let my daughter help me sort/tidy my craft room!! Just sitting in there playing my music not watching day time tv and 'getting crafty' has really helped.

I'm taking our dog Daisy for longer walks rather than just standing and throwing the ball. Have to admit having hubby at home for months doing the majority of dog walks had made me lazy!!

So I would say I've climbed a few rungs of the ladder out of this black hole!! I really think it's important to talk about how you're feeling, for so long I havnt especially in the early days of my journey. As a mum I wanted to protect my girls, didn't want them to know what I was really feeling.

Many of us hide our true fears and feelings, but I'm hoping that writing about mine it will help others to realise it's okay to have 'wobbles' it's okay to have down days, but it's really important to try and talk to someone.

Onwards and upwards!!


No comments:

Post a Comment