Wednesday 31 December 2014

The Finishing Line

So my friends the finishing line is in sight. In approximately 13 hours we will wave goodbye to 2014.
How has yours been?
For me it's been a bitter sweet year. It started badly with the tragic loss of 3 wonderful people from our bowel cancer family. I didn't know Jane or Tony well but Hazel was important to me.
Thinking about their families and friends.

A high point for me is NO hospital stays this year!!! Last year was spoiled by the gall stone incidents! So that's 2 out of 9 years with no admissions and more importantly 3 years cancer free. My next CT is January 7th so scanxiety will be setting in soon!

As the year has gone past their has been good and bad news from our cancer family, we lost Sian and Ruth, some bad results but many clear scans and some baby news! Love and hugs to all still enduring pain, chemotherapy and other treatments.

I'm still trying to clamber out of the black mist of depression. Progress has been made. I have been referred for counselling again and maybe this time it will do the trick!
Lots going on indoors which isn't helping but will just have to be British, shoulders back, head held high and best foot forward!!

So my friends I wish you all a Happy Healthy and Prosperous 2015 xx




1 comment:

  1. Hi -- I was thinking of Hazel today too.

    I am sorry you are still dogged by depression. Let's hope that you are able to emerge from it a little more in the coming months.

    I have enjoyed this Christmas treatment free,last eyar was horrible with post-op complications .. but now I have had 5 years with no new lesions, so I am pretty full of reasons to be cheerful.
    Even so, I hold back from the whole HAPPY new year schtick but I hope you DO have a good year in 2015 xxxxx

    ReplyDelete